I’m worried about my eyesight

If you want to know more about an eye condition, there are easy-to-read eye conditions guides on the RNIB website.

Having an eye examination at least once every two years, or if you think you have a problem, should be part of everyone’s healthcare routine. Many causes of sight loss are preventable if they are caught early by visiting an optometrist. You can search for an optometrist on the Wales Eye Care Services website by selecting EHEW and the geographical area you live in.

You should go to a hospital accident and emergency department as soon as possible if you:

  • have a sudden serious change in your vision
  • lose all or part of your vision in one eye or both eyes
  • have an accident involving your eyes
  • suddenly start seeing flashing lights or floaters in your vision.

You may also be referred to an ophthalmologist at a hospital following an eye examination if signs of an eye condition have been detected.

If you are concerned you may be losing your sight and would like some information or advice, please contact us by telephone or email or by visiting us at Jones Court, Womanby Street, Cardiff, CF10 1BR. You don’t need to make an appointment, but please feel free to call and arrange a time to ensure we have someone available.

You can also email us at [email protected], letting us know what information and advice you would like, and how you would like us to contact you.

Get in touch

Get in touch with one of our offices or click here to find contact details of specific members of staff.

Cardiff Institute for the Blind

Jones Court
Womanby Street
CF10 1BR

029 2039 8900

Rhondda Cynon Taff & Merthyr Tydfil

Glenview House
Courthouse Street
CF37 1JY

01443 401411

Swansea and Neath Port Talbot

Swansea Vale Resource Centre
Ffordd Tregof
Swansea Vale
Swansea SA7 0AL

01792 776360