Are you friendly, enthusiastic and good with people? Sight Life requires enthusiastic volunteers to field incoming calls and greet visitors on arrival to our Resource Centre and office, directing them to the appropriate person or service.
This role does not require a DBS check
What will I be doing?
- Allow visitors to gain entry to the building, greet them at reception and assist them with their enquiries
- Answer telephone calls and direct/guide them to the relevant person
- Record and relay messages to staff
- Assist with distribution of post
- Assist with a variety of small administrative tasks
What skills and qualities can I bring to this role?
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident telephone manner
- Welcoming and friendly nature
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
When will I be needed?
The offices in Cardiff are open to the public between 10.00am to 3.30pm Monday to Thursday, we would primarily like cover during these times.
Where will I be volunteering?
Sight Life, Jones Court, Womanby Street, Cardiff CF10 1BR
What will I gain from the role?
- Experience of working as a receptionist
- An opportunity to develop communication, interpersonal and general office skills
- Practical experience of working with blind and partially sighted people
- Experience of working in both an office and customer facing environment
What support will I be given?
- Induction training
- Understanding Sight Loss information
- Expenses – all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed including expenses to attend training
- Ongoing support and training from your volunteering manager
- Accessible computer software and equipment for volunteers, who are blind, partially sighted or disabled
Sight Life Volunteering Administrator
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 02920 398900